There are many more models that are going to be released in 2021, and most of these are SUVs.
sri_tesla recently shared this with other BHPians.
The electric revolution is happening in Europe at a rate faster than any pundit ever predicted. Here are some of the astonishing highlights of the EV revolution in Europe.
- Market share of BEVs in major European countries in December 2020:
- Netherlands: 69%
- Norway: 66%
- UK: 16.5%
- Germany: 14%
- Sweden: 19.2%
- France: 11.1%
- In actual numbers (BEVs in December 2020):
- Germany: 43,671
- Netherlands: ~29,000
- UK: 21,914
- France: 20,744
- Norway: 13,718
- Sweden: 6,592
- Best selling car in the UK in December is an EV. Tesla Model 3 outsold every other car (EV or ICE) in December. VW ID3 is the 4th best selling car in December.
- In December, full-electric vehicles (BEV) outsold diesel vehicles in the UK. The UK is generally a big market for diesel vehicles.
- Norway is the first country in the world where BEVs reached more than 50% market share for the full year (2020). In December, 66% of sales are BEVs. 87% of sales are from BEV and plug-in hybrids.
- 9 out of 10 top-selling vehicles in Norway were BEVs. The 10th one is XC40 which has both electric and plug-in hybrid variants.
- All top 15 vehicles sold in the Netherlands in December are BEVs.
- It’s the same in Sweden. 12 out of 15 top-selling vehicles are BEVs. The remaining 3 have BEV variants.
The main reasons for this growth in EVs are the greater availability of BEV models, subsidies, tax incentives, etc. There are many more models that are going to be released in 2021, and most of these are SUVs.
New BEV models in 2021:
- Volkswagen ID4
- Tesla Model Y
- Hyundai Ioniq 5
- Ford Mach-E
- Nissan Ariya
- Kia Ioniq 5 twin
- Audi Q4 e-tron
- Skoda Enyaq
- BMW iX3
- BMW iNext
Thanks to sri_tesla once again! Check out BHPian comments for more insights & information.
Source: Read Full Article