Comic Tommy Cooper’s niece found covered in blood‘ as shes found dead at home

  • Bookmark
  • Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter

    We have more newsletters

    The niece of comedy icon Tommy Cooper has been found dead at her home.

    The body of 68-year-old Sabrina Cooper was found in the hallway of her home "covered in blood" with police called at 6.45pm on Sunday (December 18).

    Reports came in about the grandmother’s welfare and cops have now arrested Tony King, 59 – who was known to her.

    King has been charged with her alleged murder and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place – with police having since been seen at King’s flat.

    Sabrina was the daughter of David Cooper, the brother of comic Tommy Cooper.

    Tommy died in 1984 when he had a heart attack on stage as he performed.

    He would iconically wear a red fez to perform and Sabrina was in the past pictured in one.

    She is understood to have had two children and two dogs, and was also in the performance business, running a magic shop in Eastbourne, East Sussex.

    Cooper's Magic Shops was set up by her father and had remained a family business ever since, until it was forced to close down in 2017.

    Locals have claimed Sabrina was suffering from cancer.

    Speaking to the Sun, a local coffee shop worker said: "I used to see her when I popped out for a break and we'd always have a chat. She was really friendly and well-known locally. I last saw her out walking her dogs the day before she died. I'm devastated."

    Detective Chief Inspector Emma Vickers said: “Our thoughts are with Sabrina's family and friends at this difficult time. We are supporting them and keeping them updated on the progress of this fast-moving investigation.

    “We understand this incident will also cause upset and concern in the community, and I would like to reassure people that this is being treated as an isolated incident involving people known to each other, and with no threat to the wider public.

    “We have already completed extensive enquiries and this has resulted in a person being arrested and charged within 48 hours of police initially attending the address.

    "Those enquiries will continue as the case progresses through the court, and we encourage anyone with concerns or information relating to what happened to get in touch with us.”

    People with information are being encouraged to use the code word Dorsal when calling the police on 101.

    • Police

    Source: Read Full Article