Harry ‘may not attend Diana memorial’ after ‘cold shoulder’ at Philip’s funeral

Prince Harry may not return to the UK for the unveiling of a statue in honour of his late mother, Diana, Princess of Wales after the "cold shoulder" he received at his Grandfather's funeral, reports say.

The Duke of Sussex is set to return for the special day in the summer on July 1 which would have been the Princess of Wales' 60th birthday.

The statue will become a centerpiece in the gardens of Kensington Palace which was Diana's former home and a special place for her.

However, despite Harry and his brother Prince William both coming together to commission the statue in 2017, which marked 20 years since her death, the landscape has changed dramatically since then.

According to gossip website Radar Prince Harry was "rattled" by the negativity from the Royal Family and the press.

"It is very possible that Harry does not return to the UK for the event," insiders claimed.

"The cold shoulder Harry received at Prince Philip's funeral is not helping. Harry was rattled not only by his family’s reaction but also by the negative media coverage he received during his short stay.

"Now he may bow out of the upcoming trip altogether."

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

Harry is also reportedly pressing for his wife, Meghan Markle, to be more involved in the ceremony in July.

A source reportedly told the Radar: "Harry is demanding the Meghan be part of the official ceremony.

"She will not be able to attend in person because of the couple's second child, but Harry is pushing to have comments prepared by Meghan included in the event or a video message featuring his wife released to the media the same day the brothers unveil the statue."

When the statue was announced in 2017 a joint statement from William an Harry said: “It has been 20 years since our mother’s death and the time is right to ­recognise her positive impact in the UK and around the world with a permanent statue.

“Our mother touched so many lives. We hope the statue will help all those who visit Kensington Palace to reflect on her life and her legacy.”

Source: Read Full Article