Prince Philip switches hospitals again after successful heart surgery

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

Prince Philip has left St Bartholomew's Hospital and been moved back to King Edward VII's Hospital after his heart surgery, Buckingham Palace said on Friday.

He is expected to remain in hospital for an unspecified number of days.

The Palace said in a statement: "Following The Duke of Edinburgh's successful procedure at St Bartholomew's Hospital on Wednesday, His Royal Highness has been transferred to King Edward VII's Hospital this morning.

"The Duke is expected to remain in hospital for continuing treatment for a number of days."

The 99-year-old was transferred to St Bartholomew's earlier this week to undergo heart surgery.

He has now spent 17 consecutive nights in hospital, his longest stay of all time.

He was initially admitted to King Edward VII's – the royal family's favoured hospital – in central London on February 16 after feeling unwell at Windsor Castle, before being moved by ambulance to St Bartholomew's on Monday.

Concern will be heightened for the duke because of his advanced age, with the Duchess of Cornwall saying this week that Philip was "slightly improving" and adding: "We'll keep our fingers crossed."

Prince Charles paid a visit to his father a few days after he was first admitted, but is the only member of the Royal Family to do so.

The news was announced amid growing tensions within the royal family ahead of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's controversial televised Oprah interview.

Meghan Markle has said in an extract that she could not be expected to stay silent if The Firm played a part in "perpetuating falsehoods" about her and Harry.

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

The Sussexes have faced calls for the broadcast on Sunday to be postponed out of respect for Philip.

Buckingham Palace meanwhile has begun an investigation into allegations which surfaced in The Times that Meghan drove out two personal assistants and "humiliated" staff, leaving them in tears, which she denies.

The Oprah interview will air in the UK on Monday evening.

  • Prince Philip

Source: Read Full Article