Woman rushed to A&E after swallowing entire six-inch Covid swab during home test

A woman has been rushed to hospital for emergency surgery after she swallowed an entire six-inch Covid swab from a home testing kit.

Bobby Lee, 31, says she feared for her life after ingesting the medical tool last month after testing to see if she had the virus when feeling unwell during a night shift.

The mum-of-two says that the swab got stuck in her mouth and subsequently tried to swallow it, but the swab only went part-way down her throat.

Worried, Lee rushed from her home in County Durham to A&E where doctors say they had never seen a similar case before.

She was quickly transferred to a nearby hospital and received emergency surgery, with the 31-year-old now on the road to recovery.

Mum-of-two Bobby said: "The stick twanged in my mouth and got stuck at the back of my throat, with the swab down my throat and the end stuck in the roof of my mouth at the back.

"I tried to remove it but just couldn't get it out, so I literally thought to myself I was going to have to try and swallow it.

"I swallowed, and it went down a bit, but it only went half way down my throat so you could see the end of it sticking out of my throat."

  • Prince Harry's dire warning about dangers of social media making us 'numb to world'

The mum-of-two says she didn't ring 111 and instead "jumped in the car and drove straight to A&E".

She continued: "I was just shocked because I didnt know what was going to happen, if I was going to stop breathing with the little one on my own.

"It had gone all the way into my tummy, the pictures they took with the camera down my throat even showed it near my intestines.

"It really was scary, but I'm just glad I had the sense to jump straight in the car. It could have ended up fatal."

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Source: Read Full Article